Is this the best vegan queso recipe in the world? Probably not. BUT it is super easy to make, and only takes 4-5 ingredients! Perfect for nachos, as a dip for chips, or just smothering various plates of food with. I like to make this super easy by using raw cashew butter, but it can also be made with raw cashews. I would soak them at least a couple of hours ahead of time. Warning: avoid roasted cashews or roasted cashew butter! It will completely change the flavor of this dip.
- 1/3 cup raw cashew butter (try to find artisana brand!)
- 1/4 cup your favorite salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (sari brand is my fav!)
- a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce (optional)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (for color)
Toss everything in a blender and blend! (Tip: if you want chunky queso, only blend half of the salsa and stir in the other half later)
Heat in a pan on low-medium heat, stirring frequently until heated.
Do whatever you want with it!